Which Are Some of the Popular
International Ecommerce Platforms?
Digital commerce is growing and changing faster and faster every year. Technology has developed Internet tools to keep up with the demands of a more internet savvy population. Since 2016, digital wallets, mobile and social integrations are regular functions of e-commerce.
Global business is responding to International E-commerce platforms that strive to meet customer demands. Before looking at different platforms, we must understand some of the things that influence the e-commerce.
Factors That Influence E-commerce
Business is usually cutthroat, and the enterprise that thrives is the one that learns to merge its business model with the right e-commerce platform. E-commerce relies on technology to push a business ahead of the competition.
- Social media and smartphones are great e-commerce tools. An example is Kylie Kardashian, who is such a prolific user of both that she features in the Forbes list for self-made billionaires before her 21st birthday!
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is helping international trading to grow. The bots that handle office tasks such as customer care free your time for marketing your business.
- Customization is imperative to successful ventures, and the public expects to receive it. Customers want their unique needs attended to, and if they sense reluctance from one store, they migrate to another without remorse.
- Digital wallets make electronic transactions so easy and quick. A person can purchase goods and services online by using their laptop or smartphone. Their bankcard details are safe since the sales are in the form of tokens, and the digital currency is acceptable payment.
- Cell phones are part of everyday clothing. They are convenient and versatile handheld instruments. Mobiles are more than a communication tool; they function as an atlas, encyclopedia, compass, banking assistant, teaching aide, entertainment source, news broadcaster, the list is endless.
- Analytics can guide managers about the company’s performance, vis-à-vis their goals. They can also be instrumental in discovering new and potential opportunities and put you ahead of any competition which is rushing in blindly.
– Shopify introduced social shopping, which allows individuals to order and shop from your stores without leaving their social media apps.
-For a small fee, you can turn an FB account into an e-commerce store by integrating it with Shopify.
– You will incur a transaction fee when you do not use Shopify Payment.
-You will incur another cost to customize the Shopify coding language, (Liquid) at incremental prices for more work.
-Some useful and practical extensions will again cost you additional expenses.
Shopify is Best For
Entrepreneurs who are first-time e-commerce traders will benefit from this platform. Shopify is conventional, easy to use and will launch your online store fast. You will have a choice from monthly packages ranging from $29 to $2,000.
BigCommerce is one of the outstanding e-commerce software providers. Among its famous companies are Toyota and Martha Stewart. It has assisted over 55,000 online businesses of varying sizes to launch, from SMEs, start-ups and large companies.
-BigCommerce has a vast list of built-in features that are useful to the online shopkeeper with rudimentary coding skills.
-You can choose from the premium customization offers and themes to make your store stand out uniquely.
-It is not the best choice for an online business that is starting a multi-vendor store as you would on Amazon.
-It offers seven free themes, far behind other platforms, many of which provide 20+ free ideas.
BigCommerce is Best For
Storeowners who wish for a solution that will give them a store with minimum fuss can use BigCommerce. You will not have to deal with technical issues, e.g., coding, integrating plug-ins, and others.
Magento’s popularity comes due to being reliable and scalable. It is an open source website platform. Some famous brands that have built their websites on Magento include Huawei, Burger King, and Liverpool F.C.
-Magento offers a basic version of its e-commerce platform, that is free of charge.
-Magento users have to know to programme.
-If the e-business does not have programmers on their staff, they will need to incur the costs of a third party programming service.
-The Magento enterprise version costs at least $20,000 annually that will allow customization and multiple theme choices.
Magento is Best For
E-commerce stores with a large volume of goods for sale will do well with Magento. It has a complex store setup and technical management requirement. SMBs will find it expensive and more than they require.
Squarespace provides mobile users with a top-notch experience when they are viewing on a mobile device. It designs each template to match the unique style of the online store.
-The design templates live up to the company logo; Build It Beautiful. They are professional and beautiful
-The site optimizes how the user views images, charts, graphics and emails, so they render well on Smartphones and tablets.
-Squarespace templates rank high on Google searches and are easy to find on mobile searches. Your online store will appear favorable.
-It is more expensive than its direct competition.
-The SEO options need work; marketing tools such as Twitter, FB and Google are disadvantaged because it focuses more on design than functionality.
Squarespace is Best For
E-commerce stores that generate leads and information, which want to make some sales will benefit from building their website on Squarespace. It does not have the sophisticated capabilities seen in other platforms (e.g., Shopify, BigCommerce).
When you scrutinize the different e-commerce platforms, you will see that some of them serve specific needs. Both the business model and international platform must integrate to favor the online company. The platform’s features will boost business when they are tailor-made to suit the store or multi-vendor marketplace. More platforms that you can interested